Sickness Certificates

For absence from work through sickness, self-certification is currently valid for the first week.

The sick certificate (form SC1) is available from your employer or the post office. We do not issue a doctor’s certificate for the first 7 days of sickness. If a private certificate to cover work is required a fee is charged. After the first week, certificates are obtained as part of a consultation with your doctor.

If you are under the care of a hospital doctor you may ask them to issue your certificate for an inpatient or outpatient appointment.